Mechanical engineer with PRE/Static equipment needed
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Preparation of engineering deliverables within the given estimated hours in all phases of a project.
• Ensure coordinated design, including interface with other internal disciplines, to ensure complete engineering deliverables.
• Co-operation with Supply Management for Package Engineering, including quality surveillance /supplier follow-up and mechanical completion activities.
• Engineering decisions shall not be taken outside their mandate as given by Superior.
• Conduct technical Pre-Order Activities such as technical clarification meetings prior to PO award and clarifications. Participate and prepare input to the technical part of Bid Clarification meetings with suppliers.
• Define the package document scope and schedule in the SDL • Provide technical input to PQM for supplier’s ITP • Participate in kick off meetings and Pre-Inspection Meetings • Participate in package specific tests and inspections as agreed with PQM.
• Review/comment and approve package supplier documents as required per the SDL. Gathering other disciplines’ inputs and make them part of the review.
• Proactively work with document control to ensure documentation is timely issued and distributed.
• Notify Project Engineering Manager of any potential changes or deviations to the package scope.
• Participate in evaluation and technical close-out of PO’s in co-operation with PRB.
• Execute work in accordance with project execution model.
• Have sound understanding of Client Contract, with technical requirements and specifications for the assigned procurement packages in specific, and highlight any ambiguities, unfeasible, or otherwise unclear information.
• Raise Technical Query and Technical Deviations to client when required by the project, • Provide technical input to procurement and Quality Management as required in commercial and quality matters, such as VOR’s and NCR’s in liaison with PRB and PQM.
• Ensure that procurement package interfaces are well defined and communicated according to project requirements.
• Prepare necessary technical input to project reporting in accordance with project routines for Progress, schedule, risk and opportunity input.
• Provide input to expediting plan to PRB • Participate in or manage vendor progress meetings.
• Provide technical input and support to the supplier Mechanical Completion (for assigned procurement packages in liaison with PRB and PQM, and in accordance with requirements.
• Responsible for closing of punch items for assigned procurement packages – in liaison with PRB and PQM.
• Responsible of the release of the assigned procurement packages.
• Responsible for capturing and sharing relevant lessons learned items.
• Ensure that relevant working methods are followed • Perform tasks in such a way as to reduce environment and health risks • Ensure tasks performed are to a high quality, be involved and suggest improvements where they may be needed • Participate in the evaluation of working methods and conditions and thereby minimize the risk for workplace and environmental incidents and thereby minimize the risk for quality issues • Ensure processes are performed in compliance with internal and external requirements, defined and documented, continually measured, evaluated, improved and secured
Reporting and communication
The Engineer shall on own initiative:
• Report to the Team Manager any deviations and improvement areas within the execution model and working methods as applicable for the Engineering discipline.
• Report any non-compliance with HSEQ requirements to the Team Manager.
• Report and communicate according to Project stipulated routines.
• Ensure Team Manager is informed about absence and leaves.
• Provide technical documentation according to project requirements, such as Technical Requisition, Specification and Datasheet for Inquiry and Purchase Order.
• Provide technical input to Procurement Strategy.
Formal competense and experience
• Minimum 5 years relevant work experience as package responsible engineer.
• Graduated in Mechanical Engineering and Design, or similar • Engineering experience in oil and gas-, chemical process- or power generation industry.
• Fluent in English, both written and spoken.
• Reliable, steady, with high integrity
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills • Solution-oriented • Proactive, takes initiative to perform according to expectations • Enjoys working in teams • Analytic and accurate • Structured, organized • Strong technical understanding and experience with engineering and project execution methods • General understanding of supply chain methods • Quality- and detail- focused • Ability to identify potential issues/problems and apply effective solutions as required
FLUENT IN PRESSURE VESSELS AND HEAT EXCHANGERS DESIGN STANDARDS such as ASME VIII, TEMA, EN 13445, PD 5500.
** A PLUS: EXPERIENCE WITH BP, TECHNIP, SHELL projects & specifications
Job Posting Start Date: 07/07/2019
Job Posting End Date: 06/07/2020
Frist: Vi intervjuer fortløpende
Antall stillinger: 1
Leder fag- og teknologiutvikling
Antall stillinger: 1
Commissioning Engineer, White
Antall stillinger: 1