We are seeking a new Interactive Media Games Lecturer!
Noroff School of Technology and Digital Media seeks to appoint a lecturer in the area of Computer Graphics and Games. Based at the Kristiansand campus, you will deliver courses in the University’s Interactive Media degrees. You will join a team of staff with whom you will be expected to work in very close collaboration. As such, evidence of prior teamwork and excellent communication skills are essential. We are looking to appoint someone who is enthusiastic about learning and education in general and is open to innovative models of learning and teaching.
The candidate we are looking for must have a Master Degree relevant for Computer Graphics with specialization in Games development. Ability to teach students in tools, concepts and fundamentals of interactive game design is essential. Experience with interactive visualization and virtual and augmented reality is also positive. Ability to include cutting-edge technology and implement this in the teaching methodologies is desirable.
The applicant should present a visual portfolio as proven industry experience but also as artistic interests which demonstrates the conceptual abilities and technical skills.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to engage audiences is essential for this post. Experience in the design, development and implementation of curriculum would be useful.
The successful applicant must be willing to take direction from senior academic staff, but also be capable of taking initiative and show self-motivation.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To contribute to the delivery of an effective teaching and scholarly experience for the University’s students, and to help further Noroff University College’s ambitions in teaching and research.
Dean of Faculty and Programme leader
Duties in relation to the post of lecturer in Computer Graphics and Games
Principal duties and responsibilites:
- Teaching, engaging, informing and inspiring staff and students through both classroom and online delivery of lectures, tutorials and seminars.
- To develop required teaching material for both classroom and online delivery and to contribute to the maintenance and development of existing courses.
- To develop and run effective assessments and ensure adequate feedback to students is provided.
- To actively promote the degrees in conjunction with the University College and liaise with the external sensor to ensure effective moderation of the course, in line with University requirements.
- To liaise with the Faculty Dean on the development of curriculum and strategic direction in the subject area.
- To foster and maintain links with the industry sector at a local and national level.
- To assist in marketing the course, as required.
- To participate in professional duties such as faculty open days and other recruitment activities as appropriate.
- To supervise the work of students in areas such as personal projects, fieldwork and industry placements.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and students through internal networks, and the sharing of ideas and information.
Skills and knowledge
- To be able to effectively teach within an undergraduate Computer Graphics program
- To be able to develop a teaching portfolio in the area of expertise
- The ability to engage students at all levels in innovative, informative and rigorous teaching and learning practices
- Excellent communication skills, to include written, oral and visual
- A strong commitment to team-working
- Administrative ability which includes the everyday paperwork and organisation involved in course leadership, teaching and running modules
- Knowledge and understanding of Higher Education
- Knowledge of how to lead and motivate a team, organise, manage, evaluate and report on funded and other projects
- Ability to teach using different strategies and tools and in different circumstances
- Familiarity with academic quality assurance and enhancement activities at university level
- An active and developing research profile
- Be prepared to engage with further study / research to develop and broaden base knowledge with regards to current issues
Experience and level of education
- Academic experience in the design, development and implementation of curriculum
- Industry experience in the games and interactive 3D industry
- Industry experience in both artistic and technical fields
- Master degree related to computer graphics and games
- Teaching experience at University level
- Teaching qualification
- To work in and contribute to a dynamic and visionary team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good time-management skills
- Contribute to flexible working hours when undertaking projects, overseeing Open Days and other recruitment activities
- Prepared to arrange and participate in student – centered field trips
We will be evalutating and interviewing candidates as we recieve applications with the aim to fill the position as soon as possible.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions to the position or the application process!
Antall stillinger: 3
Senior Project Manager – EPC Topside
Antall stillinger: 1
Leder digitalisering og forretningsstøtte
Antall stillinger: 1