We are seeking a new Senior Lecturer and Researcher
Noroff School of Technology and Digital Media seeks to appoint a senior lecturer and researcher in the area of Computer Graphics. Based at the Kristiansand campus, you will deliver courses in the University’s Media degrees. You will join a team of staff with whom you will be expected to work in very close collaboration. As such, evidence of prior teamwork and excellent communication skills are essential.
In addition to their area of expertise, we are looking to appoint someone who is enthusiastic about learning and education in general and is open to innovative models of learning and teaching.
You should have a PhD relevant for Computer Graphics with specialization in either Games or Animation. The ability to teach a variety of subjects is essential.
Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to engage audiences is essential for this post. Experience in curriculum design, development and implementation would be useful. A history of publications and research projects in the chosen field would be a distinct advantage as Noroff University College wishes to continue to grow in terms of volume and quality of research.
Main Purpose of the Job:
To contribute to the delivery of an effective teaching and scholarly experience for the University’s students, and to help further Noroff University College’s ambitions in teaching and research.
Dean of Faculty
Duties in relation to the post of Associate Professor / Senior Lecturer
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching, engaging, informing and inspiring staff and students through both classroom and online delivery of lectures, tutorials and seminars.
- To develop required teaching material for both classroom and online delivery and to contribute to the maintenance and development of existing courses.
- To develop and run effective assessments and ensure adequate feedback to students is provided.
- To actively promote the degrees in conjunction with the University College and liaise with the external sensor to ensure effective moderation of the course, in line with University requirements.
- To liaise with the Faculty Dean on the development of curriculum and strategic direction in the subject area.
- To foster and maintain relations with partners at a local and national level.
- To assist in marketing the course, as required.
- To participate in professional duties such as faculty open days and other recruitment activities as appropriate.
- To supervise the work of students in areas such as personal projects, fieldwork and industry placements.
- To communicate effectively with colleagues and students through internal networks, and the sharing of ideas and information.
Skills and knowledge
- To be able to effectively teach within an undergraduate Computer Graphics program
- To be able to develop a teaching portfolio in the area of expertise
- The ability to engage students at all levels in innovative, informative and rigorous teaching and learning practices
- Excellent communication skills, to include written, oral and visual
- A strong commitment to team-working
- Administrative ability which includes the everyday paperwork and organization involved in course leadership, teaching and running modules
- Knowledge and understanding of Higher Education
- Knowledge of how to lead and motivate a team, organize, manage, evaluate and report on funded and other projects
- Ability to teach using different strategies and tools and in different circumstances
- Familiarity with academic quality assurance and enhancement activities at university level
- An active and developing research profile
- Be prepared to engage with further study / research to develop and broaden base knowledge with regards to current issues
Experience and level of education
- Teaching experience at University level
- Academic experience in the design, development and implementation of curriculum
- Research experience in the field of Computer Graphics
- Industry experience in both artistic and technical fields
- Teaching qualification
- To work in and contribute to a dynamic and visionary team environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good time-management skills
- Contribute to flexible working hours when undertaking projects, overseeing Open Days and other recruitment activities
- Prepared to arrange and participate in student – centred field trips
We will be evalutating and interviewing candidates as we recieve applications with the aim to fill the position as soon as possible.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions to the position or the application process!
LECTURER INTERACTIVE MEDIA GAMES
Sted: Kristiansand S
Antall stillinger: 1
Field Service Engineer
Antall stillinger: 1
Antall stillinger: 1